Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Street Dog - Never a Millionaire

Driving along the Sarjapur ring road for over a year now. I've seen a few accidents in life, been in a couple, but there's one that repeats itself everyday. The poor little Indian Mongrel. Dismissed as random road kill.
As a race that believes in respect for the dead, we sure didn't show any for that poor dog. After it gets hit by a car
(generally a cabbie who does it for his sadistic pleasure) or a trucker (who can't see anything beyond the bottle in his hand), it's not carried off. There's no crowd surrounding it. As it gasps for breath and screams in pain, it's silenced completely. As if to put it out of it's misery, BANG!!! another cabbie runs over, as if to clear the road and doing great social service.

Stopped yesterday to help one of the road. Got delayed going to the office. The apathy continued. Called CUPA, they said they don't have ambulance services. As I stood there, the poor thing breathed it's last and as if it knew the end was near, it stopped wailing and smiled at me
(DOGS SMILE for the ignorant).

I wish there was something I could do to stop these blatant murders. I've never killed one, even while driving at over 120 kmph. Dog runs across, you can spot it and plan well in advance of what you need to do.
I've gotten myself into a car wreck, crashed my bike - Thrice, fell of my cycle as a kid, just to avoid hitting a dog.

The difference between people and dogs is: people think they
OWN the road and mosey across as if to say cars don't belong there.
"You touch me and a random crowd of jobless hicks will beat you to a pulp and set your car on fire, then turn you over to the cops where you can spend 5 years to life in prison without any of the benefits KASAB (the BASTARD) enjoys".
I wish they'd do the same for a dog. They're creatures of GOD (for those who consider themselves GOD fearing). For the atheists, have mercy!!!

I wish I could just do something. They're not a menace to society, WE are to them. THEY were here first. They're stronger than us, they can shred us to bits in minutes if they pleased. But NO! They can be the best of guards, friends, workers and companions.

The only option to get them off the roads, adopt one today. Feed it, bathe it, get it's shots administered regularly and let it sleep in the front of your house. What you get in return is the best welcome every evening. It'll be the happiest to see you in the evening. It'll be there when you're down, listen to you, give you company when you want to have a beer and no one's around, protect you, and LOVE you unconditionally.

In the end, that's what we ALL look for!!

No comments:

Little Nothings Returns nothing little