Monday, July 27, 2009

The inter-Parent meeting

July 25Th, 2009: Girl's father arrives in the city from Kolkata, along with a long-time buddy. The brother joins in from a village in the state.
10.30 A.M: I go to the motel and the brother's(BIL hereon) there with the love of me life (LoL hereon). Seems OK, but a 1st impression is not always the best as experience had taught me. It was also a time to wait for the pop-in-law (PIL hereon). PIL calls LoL to say they almost got on the wrong bus to bring them over from the airport.

12.00 P.M: Finally, the bus drops off PIL. I pick them up and was forced to pretend to touch their feet, (something I don believe in) (primarily due to a large beer belly)

12.10 P.M: The awkwardness begins...

2.00 P.M: we head to lunch. The Bengali taste buds begin to flare up, like piranhas in a tank waiting for you to stick your finger in the water. They need meat like primal wildlife, but had a flea shot.

3.00 P.M: we reach a place and I have a good veggie meal and they tried to "not-insult" me, but gave in to their taste-buds and slaughtered a poor silent lamb.

The rest of the day is spent in them meeting my folks.
P.S: Dad owned that meeting..
Mom was OK..

Dropped them home only to know the following day would have to be spent listening to them again.

P.P.S: the BIL, I liked.

No comments:

Little Nothings Returns nothing little